Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday

Went to Jerusalem; hotels not available in Tzfat on thursday night. So kept up my standard of sleeping late, then got up and took a bus to Jerusalem and visited Yad Vashem, looked at the pictures of murdered Jews, bought $30 worth of halva (coffee, coconut, and date), and took a racecar minibus back; Jerusalem to Tel Aviv is downhill.

Dispelled the single cockroach theory on my return. Also dispelled any idea of a safe zone in the house. When I got home tonight, I killed a monster in the living room, another in my bedroom, and played a Popeye Doyle game of chase with a third around the dish rack until he gave me the slip and made off beneath the stove. I'm going to sleep hanging from the ceiling tonight, if I can.

Update: killed a third one! See the picture.

Tomorrow is my third sailing class, and I'm already worrying about getting sick, or being too stoned on Travamine to steer the boat. I was told that the jellyfish are stingers.

My feet are a permanent dull red. At least after this weekend, i'll be spending more time indoors on a regular schedule. At work. Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment