Saturday, January 23, 2010

Small Things

Bought a sixpack of socks and two pairs of underwear, and I have a new lease on life. Previously, I had to do laundry every 7 days or recycle. Doing laundry here is a chore--have to be here for an hour as it goes through the wash, then move it to the dryer and wait another hour, and I get home after 9pm most days. This give me two whole extra days. Amazing how $10 on undergarments can make life so much easier.

On closer examination, though, it appears that the socks are dissolving inside my shoes. Wore another pair of socks from home today, and they came out covered with black lint, suspiciously the same color as my $8 sixpack of socks from the street vendor. Doing laundry with 2 pairs of them now, mixed in with a bunch of white underwear. This could end up in tears.

Yesterday drank a cup of wine with kiddush, and after 20 minutes had a nice buzz going. Never tried that before--all the voices in my head: gone! I could learn to like that! However, tried it again after the meal, and found out that the wine trick only works on an empty stomach.

1 comment:

  1. Do you stay in the laundry room while the washer/dryer is going?

    ReplyDelete