Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Petra-fied

Sent in an application and deposit for a trip to Petra. Hope it isn't a scam. Now I have to buy an airplane ticket and reserve a hotel room in Eilat, a holiday city in southern Israel on the Red Sea. The plan is to fly down late Monday night after class with all my stuff, spend the night in a cheap hotel, then Tuesday morning they pick me up and take me for a 2 day trip across the border in Jordan where they roll me for everything and leave me for dead. I'm back in Eilat Wednesday night-ish, hit the beach Thursday, and Friday head north to Haifa. I'm going to take the bus to Haifa, through the Negev desert. I could fly instead--it's a long trip (6+ hours total)--but it's supposed to be a really interesting drive. I'll stay from Friday through Monday with a friend in Haifa, and on Monday head back down to Ben Gurion and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment